Calerga Sarl is a Swiss privately-owned company created on the 11th of December, 2001 by Yves Piguet and Francesco Mondada. It is based in La Tour-de-Peilz, near Lausanne, in Switzerland. Site www.calerga.com has existed since the 29th of September, 1998.
Calerga is well known for Sysquake, its scientific software with outstanding interactivity capabilities which help understanding mathematics, physics and engineering and enable the rapid design of high-performance technical systems; LyME, an application for Palm OS handheld devices which borrows the math programming language of Sysquake; and Sysquake Remote, which adds to HTML pages computation results and graphics created dynamically by evaluating embedded code.
Solutions developed by Calerga share a strong scientific basis which comes from the experience of its leaders; suitability for the projects of its customers which results from close collaborations; and optimal application of new technologies. Calerga software applications have a common code base, which guarantees their quality through extensive tests on different hardware and software platforms.
Calerga offers also consulting and engineering in the domains of dynamical systems and control, understood with a broad meaning: system modeling, simulation, optimization, control, data processing, implementation in embedded systems. Here are some examples of projects it has realized:
- in mechanical engineering, control loop optimization for the disturbance rejection of the laser used on the VLT of the European Southern Observatory (ESO) in Chile to create an artificial reference star;
- in lab equipment, control of devices for the human genome sequencing;
- in medicine, simulation and identification of physiological models for teaching and validation of new therapies;
- in medicine, physiological parameter identification from raw signals provided by a measurement device currently in development;
- in robotics, remote control of humanoid robots;
- in embedded systems, control software for food-processing machines;
- in teaching, web interactive tools for computation and simulation.
Satisfaction of its customers and trust established through personal contacts permit Calerga to consolidate long-term relationships.